Last name: Fa
- When you buy a heraldic document a new personalized and accurate analysis of the heraldic research will be carried out by an expert heraldist.
- The coat of arms will still be checked and, if not, drawn in strict compliance with the heraldic rules by our experts.
Language of the text: English
Please note this is an automatic translation done by a program, if you buy a heraldic document
the text will be written by a native language heraldist
The country or region of the dossier mainly refers to the places where the family was ascribed to the nobility and may be different from those of residence
Heraldic dossiers :Fa
Family originally from Fontanile, which then spread to Casale Monferrato, Mantua and Alessandria. He had a knight of Malta, Ferdinand, in 1580, a time when the family was already in a high state. The known progenitor is Gian Matteo, from Fontanile, already died in 1539, father of Ardizzino, senator (1545-62) and captain general of justice in Casale (1562). His son Horace bought the fiefdom of Bruno from the Scarampi and was invested with it with a noble title on March 24, 1588. A decade later, on April 15, 1598, the feud was erected in the county in favor of his son, Ortensio, praetor of Mantua and senator, died without offspring. He was succeeded by his brother Ardizzino (dec. 1617), governor of Trino, and like his brother, senator. Ortensio deserves particular mention of his sons, who died improle in 1642 and invested, on 11 August 1632, in Carentino; and Camilla Ardizzina, ...
1. Coat of arms of family: Faà
Language of the text: Italiano
D'oro, alla fata (Faa') mostruosa, passante sopra una pianura erbosa; il corpo e la testa coll'elmo in maestà, il tutto al naturale; essa fata avente la metà superiore di donna ignuda e scapigliata, colle ali di pipistrello, di verde, le gambe d'uccello palmipede e la coda di serpe, finiente in saetta (Ricon. 1898). Sostegni: Un leone, al naturale, accovacciato sostenente lo scudo col dorso. Motto: Nec ferro nec igne.
Citato in "Enciclopedia Storico-Nobiliare Italiana di V. SPRETI",Vol. III pag. 39.
Search last name
How to do a prelimiary Heraldic research
It is possible to do a preliminary research in our archive. About 100,000 heraldic traces, origins of surnames, coat of arms and blazons are available free of charge. Just write the desired last name in the form below and press enter.
- The Heraldic Traces are dossiers made by an A.I. useful as a starting point for researchers and passionate heraldists and confirm that there is information to work on and it is possible to order a heraldic document.
- Variations of surnames are frequent and mainly derive from involuntary acts such as translation errors or dialectal inflections or from voluntary acts such as attempts to escape persecution or acquisition of titles and properties of other families
- All content on this page is distributed under license Creative Commons Attribution - Share Alike 3.0 Unported .